Since I've now mentioned the inception of this blog to a number of people who might hold me accountable, here we go. After a frenetic week of overly-thorough preparation, Friday afternoon I finally left Seattle for München, switching planes in Paris. Sticklet the jet-setting cat is accompanying me, along with his two new subdermal cyborg microchips! At the moment, I am waiting to get on the plane in Paris, for the final brief flight to München. So far the trip has been relatively painless, except for my massive amounts of intricately packed luggage. Luckily, Luke and Heather drove me to the airport. Heather, as a sister of the highest quality, stuck around to help me wrangle all of my belongings. The flight to Paris was great: the dubious combination of white wine, chicken "fricassie" and Ambien left me basically unconscious for a good seven hours. As required, I picked up Sticklet and checked him in to the next flight, but first we had some quality time in a lockable bathroom. The consisted of me trying to give him some food and water and him running around exploring and refusing to eat anything while trying to play in the toilet. He actually seems much less stressed out than I would expect; perhaps all of the cursing about the cost of getting him across the ocean has gone to his head. There have been some moments of yowling, but I actually suspect that he would have been just fine in the cabin if he had not weighed too much (Heather prefers the term "lard-ass"). With luck, we will avoid hellish Deutschebureacracy in München.
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Wir fahren nach München!
Since I've now mentioned the inception of this blog to a number of people who might hold me accountable, here we go. After a frenetic week of overly-thorough preparation, Friday afternoon I finally left Seattle for München, switching planes in Paris. Sticklet the jet-setting cat is accompanying me, along with his two new subdermal cyborg microchips! At the moment, I am waiting to get on the plane in Paris, for the final brief flight to München. So far the trip has been relatively painless, except for my massive amounts of intricately packed luggage. Luckily, Luke and Heather drove me to the airport. Heather, as a sister of the highest quality, stuck around to help me wrangle all of my belongings. The flight to Paris was great: the dubious combination of white wine, chicken "fricassie" and Ambien left me basically unconscious for a good seven hours. As required, I picked up Sticklet and checked him in to the next flight, but first we had some quality time in a lockable bathroom. The consisted of me trying to give him some food and water and him running around exploring and refusing to eat anything while trying to play in the toilet. He actually seems much less stressed out than I would expect; perhaps all of the cursing about the cost of getting him across the ocean has gone to his head. There have been some moments of yowling, but I actually suspect that he would have been just fine in the cabin if he had not weighed too much (Heather prefers the term "lard-ass"). With luck, we will avoid hellish Deutschebureacracy in München.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment