Wednesday, December 3, 2008

winter travels

After some Seattle productivity which I won’t go into, I am back in Europe. I arrived on Thanksgiving and then made a Thanksgiving dinner for two on the following Friday…unbeknownst to me, what appeared to be a turkey breast was most certainly NOT a turkey breast. This could have been disturbing, given the array of exotic meat products found in Munich. It was likely a leg, and whatever it was, it was covered in cognac-thyme sauce with Scandinavian pseudo-cranberries on the side..The next two days, we had a brief and surreal (and frozen) trip to Leipzig. This trip mostly consisted of some matlab excursions with some of Alex’s data, Spanish food, and my inappropriate napping brought on by travel crankiness on an epic scale. We also discovered that Deutsche Bahn has encountered some difficulties with their newest trains, so some old relics have been pressed into service, with varying degrees of retro charm. Of course, I took this as an opportunity to make snide comments about the vaunted German train system—Alex pretended to be embarrassed for my benefit.

No comments: