Sunday, September 28, 2008

back in Seattle

I think a good general rule is that my blog-silence means that I am either having a fabulous time or I am so busy being productive that ranting is the last thing on my mind.  In any case, I'll try to post some missing pictures of the last few months, so that we can all pretend that I am still summering on the Cape or the Continent.

After a period of not knowing where anything was in my house, I think I've finally readjusted to being back in Seattle.  Woods Hole was busy but fun and it was great to meet so many faculty and students.  I was also extremely inspired to work on my own projects, which is alway nice. Woods Hole has a definite energy that is difficult to explain or replicate. I'm halfway tempted to try and go again next year, but that is contingent on a few hundred things, so we'll see.

Alex and I spent the first part of September in Boston and New York staying with friends.  A huge thank you to Parama, Kalina and Ronan for putting us up! It's hard to believe, but I think Alex has now met the majority of my friends and family (maybe this says something about my social tendencies).  We saw a percussion show at the Blue Note in New York, visited a couple of neuroscience labs, used the power of the euro to refurbish Alex's wardrobe, ate delicious food, survived both Dorchester and Tropical Storm Hannah and generally wandered and caught up with friends.  We also saw Barack Obama (well, his car at least) arrive at David Letterman's studio near Times Square.

I can also highly recommend the Lucky Star bus between Boston and NY Chinatowns...$15 dollars each way and only an hour longer than the train! 





No comments: