Some margaritas and I watched the debates last night, along with Luke and Waleed. It's good to have some moral support during painful and indignant times. As the evening wore on, I admit that my Alaskan father's vocabulary started to dominate...and no, I wasn't saying "doggone it". I was pleasantly surprised by Biden's sincerity and fluent style, although the gay marriage stance was a letdown.
For some perverse reason, I often show my Alaska license as ID. Invariably, people ask questions about my igloo childhood, The Cold, The Aurora, The Parka, my nonexistent Native Alaskan heritage, moose, and so on. Now they start a political discussion and I just want to run. I guess this means I should find a different social crutch.
1 comment:
Gee, what kind of Alaskan am I? I didn't see or hear the debate due to my work schedule. And, I'm sorry I missed the margaritas, too!
MOM
XOXOXOXOX
Post a Comment