Wednesday, June 11, 2008

springen Sie jetzt!

After typing away for most of the day and doing some random experiment-related preparation, I decided to give my back a treat and follow through on a plan to find an evening yoga class here in Munich. Luckily, we are quite close to the Leopoldstrasse main street that runs North-South along the Englischer Garten, so I was able to find a place within a ten minute walk. The class was only six people, and the teacher was serious and not afraid to make adjustments. And yes, he did manage to live up to some of my preconceived notions about German yoga instructors. The class was in German but I managed with only minor confusion (a certain hand grabs a certain elbow while you twist in a certain direction and balance on a certain hip, this actually started to give me the giggles)...an unexpected benefit: something about the German vowels is very well suited for the 1-5 counts between postures. eiiiinsss sweiiiii dreiii etc... really resonates more than onnnnneee twwwoooo threeee. It's been a while, so I can feel stiffness coming on. Afterwards, I gratefully inhaled some delicious lemony pasta along with fennel-orange salad, courtesy of Alexander.

No comments: